Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Tale of Andy Garcia's Conjoined Twin

When I was a kid I loved to hear ghost stories. "Where is my Golden Arm?" and anything from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark were always the best. As I got a little older, my interest in stories shifted to the more scandalous world of Hollywood. But I'm not sure that it was a huge leap-- after all, there are some pretty scary tales coming out of Tinsel Town (but let's not turn this into a post about Britney or Amy).

One Hollywood urban legend that always intrigued me was hearing that Andy Garcia was born with a conjoined twin. 'Could this really be true?' I wondered. I'd heard about it for years on Howard Stern's radio show, and even chuckled as Howard joked that Andy's softball-sized sibling got all the personality. (Andy is notoriously private, and is often perceived as rude by the media.) But this story has always kind of haunted me. So I did some research, and The Powers That Be (you know, the Internet) say that this story is TRUE! Andy Garcia had a sibling removed from his shoulder at birth. Rumor has it that the twin Garcia was never viable, but I believe otherwise.
.
Now, it could just be one of those ghost stories that I'm so fond of, but I do have it on good authority that Andy Garcia's pint-sized twin is not only alive and well, but that he's also in showbiz. I even found a family photo, which you can see here.


That's right-- Andy Garcia's twin is none other than the world-famous Aflac duck, Gilbert Gottfried. Who knew?

1 comment:

TUTU said...

Are y’all for realz?